GERARDO RAMÍREZ ORNELAS
Founding partner of the Firm in 2001. He is a graduate of the Escuela Libre de Derecho, from which he obtained his law degree for his thesis entitled «Los Órganos del Proceso de Quiebra» (The Bodies of the Bankruptcy Process).
Mr. Ramírez Ornelas is a specialist in commercial litigation, expert in bankruptcy matters. He has been an advisor in commercial litigation matters for the most important business and financial groups in Mexico.
For more than forty years, he has been involved in complex insolvency proceedings, participating on behalf of the Consejo Coordinador Empresarial in the drafting committee of the Law of Commercial Insolvency.
Gerardo Ramírez Ornelas has been a professor at prestigious law schools in the country, and is currently a professor in the Master’s Degree in Private Law at the Escuela Libre de Derecho.
- Chambers and Partners
- Global 2019
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Latin America 2019
- México: Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Dispute Resolution: Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Law.
- Commercial Bankruptcy Law
- Constitutional Law Litigation
- Banking and Financial Law
- International Law
- Class Action law
- Ramírez Ornelas Abogados
(2001 – a la fecha)
- Hartasánchez y Ramírez Ornelas, S.C. (1995 – 2000)
- Bryan, González Vargas y González Baz, S.C. (1988 – 1994)
- Hartasánchez y Guerra, S.C.
(1983 – 1987)
- Santamarina y Steta, S.C.
(1978 – 1982)
Escuela Libre de Derecho (1981)
International Association of Reestructuring Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL).
Spanish and English